As the owner of a growing tax firm, you are busy servicing your clients and making sure your firm is operating at its best. Unfortunately, this often leaves little time to spend hours conducting tax research. This is where I come in.
When you’ve got a tax question, I’m there to answer it for you. Depending on the question, I may write a formal memo but for others an email exchange or phone call will suffice.
My tax research support is 100% on-demand. You can call or email me whenever you need, whether it’s once a year or once a week. I have many clients that I hear from once a year and others I work with on a regular basis.
I charge $130/hour and can send my invoice when the project is done or on a monthly basis, whichever works best for you. Many accountants will bill my hours or fee out at a higher rate, some as high as $200/hour.
How I Benefit You –
- More time to build your growing practice
- Confidence that your tax return positions are on solid, well-researched ground
- Avoid spending hours buried in the confusing Internal Revenue Code
- Responsive service to your clients by getting an answer to them quickly
You can check out my work with these sample research memos –
Other Topics Researched
- Unrelated Business Taxable Income for CRUTs
- Cell tower lease sale structuring to obtain capital gains treatment for owners
- Effect of divorce decree on eligibility to claim a dependent
- §1250 recapture for real property where bonus depreciation had been claimed
- Bad debt deduction and related parties
- Cancellation of debt income exclusions, corresponding tax attribute reduction and §382 NOL limitations
- §121 exclusion for jointly owned property of mother and daughter
- Use of overall cash method of accounting and inventory, requirements to switch to accrual
- Reporting and withholding requirements of payment of a legal settlement under the Family & Medical Leave Act
- Allocation of basis in relinquished property to multiple replacement properties in a §1031 exchange
- Application of self-employment tax to LLC members
- Accounting for advance payments